Sunday, October 4, 2009

South Africa

I just arrived in Cape Town. We were outside Johannesburg on Safari - I'll post about that later.

At the moment, I am remembering the comforts of industrialized life, including the following things:

1. Sushi
2. Insanely fast internet
3. Smooth roads
4. Lanes in the smooth roads
5. Brie
6. Architecture, esp. Art Deco
7. Pervasive hipness
8. Attentive restaurant service
9. Salad
10. Mustard
11. Sidewalks

It's also refreshing and slightly confusing that everyone understands me when I speak. I am so used to having to enunciate and convert my accent that it's hard to stop doing.

I've been in Cape Town for 2 hours, and I'm already in love with it. It seems so beautiful and fascinating. I think there are too many things to do - I'll definitely have to come back.

No comments: